Posted April 15, 2019
ESI Design is one of the world’s foremost experience design firms. As an interdisciplinary team of problem solvers, designers, and doers we work at the intersection of physical, digital and social design. Whether we are inspiring customer-centric innovation for international corporations or inventing new ways to activate public institutions, our mission is the same — to inspire conversation, collaboration, and action.
We are seeking an experienced account director who understands how to work with clients and teams to take a project from inception to completion. We strive to excel in our partnerships with clients, to be excellent communicators and offer creative strategies to help take a client’s idea to a fully installed project. As part of a cross-disciplinary team, and a primary liaison between ESI and the client team, the account director is entrusted to share and anticipate clients’ needs, to identify opportunities and challenges along the way.
Some of the responsibilities of the Account Director include:
- Lead communication between the client and the ESI Design Team about work process, client expectations, scope and budget parameters
- Communicate client expectations to team members and stakeholders
- Work with the design team to ensure that the client’s needs are met by the design
- Work closely with the Project Manager to establish and monitor budgetary guidelines and project timelines
- Schedule client meetings and produce meeting agendas
- Collaborate with Business Development to review and produce proposals for new clients
- Create proposal for new phases of work with current clients and new projects with current clients
- Negotiate and finalize contracts (including vendor contracts), scope of work, and change orders
- Identify organic growth from existing clients
- Provide creative solutions to project challenges
- Share knowledge of client market trends
- Provide regular updates to PM and Leadership on client
- Strategize to resolve project issues
- Review and redline of client deliverables
- Manage reimbursable and non-reimbursable billing
- Manage client invoicing with finance team
- 5+ years of Account Management experience in a related industry
- Participation in job-related courses in communications, client relations or facilitation and negotiation
- Successful completion of several projects from inception tocompletion
- A proven background demonstrating the ability to implement a successful client relations strategy
- Able to manage a client’s expectations within their budget and scope
- Skilled in accurately reporting project status to client, principal, and project team
- Able to build consensus using diplomacy and tact
- Able to secure additional business from existing clients
- Comfortable interacting with senior executives both within the firm and with external partners and clients
- Strong design sensibilities, inspires and demonstrates a passion for the projects
- Creative, detail-oriented, and able to exercise independent judgement both on and off site
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of other design discipline work flows
- Able to articulate design intent with team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to effectively work with team members of all disciplines
Please no phone calls or unscheduled appointments/walk-ins.
To be considered, please e-mail your cover letter and resume with the position as the subject to: email@example.com
Additional OpportunitiesPhysical Designer (Architectural Designer / Exhibition Designer) Senior Interaction Designer Junior Editor Project Manager
DON'T SEE A ROLE THAT FITS YOUR EXPERIENCE?
Get in touch by emailing your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.