Audio Visual Technologist/Designer
Posted May 9, 2018
ESI Design is one of the world’s foremost experience design firms. As an interdisciplinary team of problem solvers, designers, and doers we work at the intersection of physical, digital and social design. Whether we are inspiring customer-centric innovation for international corporations or inventing new ways to activate public institutions, our mission is the same — to inspire conversation, collaboration, and action.
We are seeking an Audio Visual Technologist/Designer, with a strong interest in or background in Audio Visual technologies and systems design, to work as part of a large cross-disciplinary team developing experience designs for public places. The Designer will be responsible for supporting design teams in developing creative, innovative solutions and novel technological platforms that are robust and are seamlessly integrated into the overall designed experience. We are looking for a designer that is flexible and can work with new technologies as well as find new applications for existing technologies.
- Concept development with a focus on AV technical strategy, working with project teams during ideation, design and production project phases
- Design, plan and run mockups and play-testing in our LAB space and off-site
- Technical design for permanent installations
- Conduct production observation including site/shop reviews, AV systems document review, punch lists, and trouble shooting
- Coordinate with external partners and consultants such as systems integrators, fabricators and architects for technologies- and systems-related issues
- Project cost estimating for AV technologies and installation
- Schematic systems design document production
- Prototyping and testing of new technologies, applications and systems
- Provide in-house technology support through introduction of technology into our office environment and design process
- Knowledge of audio-visual control systems, hardware and software (e.g. projectors, LCD, LED, directional audio and video routing)
- Excellent documentation skills and a familiarity with electrical schematics, systems design schematics and architectural drawing software
- Familiarity with developing media/content for non-traditional display technologies
- Familiarity with developing media/content that is generative/software-driven
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and demonstrated ability to work well with team members
- Proactive in communicating with internal teams and external partners
- An advanced degree specializing in Interactive Technologies, Audio Visual Design, Entertainment Technology, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in developing experience design for public spaces
The job is based in New York City, with occasional travel required.
Please no phone calls or unscheduled appointments/walk-ins.
To be considered, please e-mail your cover letter and resume with the position as the subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional OpportunitiesSenior 3D Designer Freelance Junior 3D Renderer / Architectural Visualizer Senior Physical/Architectural Designer Production Manager Freelance WordPress Developer
DON'T SEE A ROLE THAT FITS YOUR EXPERIENCE?
Get in touch by emailing your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.