Posted March 27, 2019
ESI Design is one of the world’s foremost experience design firms. As an interdisciplinary team of problem solvers, designers, and doers we work at the intersection of physical, digital and social design. Whether we are inspiring customer-centric innovation for international corporations or inventing new ways to activate public institutions, our mission is the same — to inspire conversation, collaboration, and action.
Do you eat, sleep, and breathe the art of video production? Have you honed your skills in digital cinematography, editing techniques, music, sound design and motion graphics? If so, ESI Design has an exciting opportunity for you.
The Junior Editor will work closely with ESI Design’s Executive Producer and Director of Marketing & Communications to ensure that we efficiently document all of ESI Design’s experience design projects.
The role is full-time freelance role for a 6 month period and a unique opportunity to tell compelling stories of ESI Design’s transformations and experience design work through the power of still and moving images. In addition to traditional editing, the role requires knowledge of all aspects of video production from start to finish. We are looking for a motivated self starter that can not only tell a narrative through editing, but someone that can pick up a camera from time to time and shoot b-roll footage, cut it together and tackle simple sound editing and motion graphics titling.
- Conceive, design, execute (direct, shoot, edit) and manage creative video projects
- Help coordinate all elements of photo and video shoot pre-production, production and post-production process, including all planning, scheduling and final production
- Breakdown and structure any requests into defined outlines, production plans, scripts, shot lists, etc
- Work with internal stakeholders (marketing and design teams) to define creative direction, content and messaging of videos
- Work with design team to develop shot list and media playlist for shoots
- Film interviews and b-roll
- Edit/create original, native short-form video content for ESI’s owned social media
- Produce rough audio tracks and motion graphic titling to work with edit
- Understand post production process from edit to color correction / finishing
- Organize footage and maintain versioning for different uses
- When using external resources for video production, help select and manage third-party vendors such as photographers, videographers, directors, on-screen actors/extras, hair & makeup
- Keep all stakeholders in the photo and video shoots abreast of shoot status – including but not limited to project manager, account director, client, building manager, marketing & communications director, executive producer
- Regular in-house gear maintenance
- Ability to travel within the USA is required for this role
Abilities to do the following are a plus!
- Manage and negotiate vendor proposals, contracts and invoices
- Manage shoot budget to ensure project comes in on budget and on time
- Shoot licensing between multiple parties
- 3+ years of video production and editing experience, ideally in marketing / communications storytelling
- Proficiency in Adobe suite (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Experience in basic sound editing
- Experience with basic motion graphics titling
- Ability to operate Canon 5D camera for shooting interviews and/or behind the scenes footage
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
The job is based in New York City, with occasional travel required.
Please no phone calls or unscheduled appointments/walk-ins.
To be considered, please e-mail your cover letter and resume with the position as the subject to: email@example.com
Additional OpportunitiesPhysical Designer (Architectural Designer / Exhibition Designer) Senior Interaction Designer Marketing & Communications Internship Account Director
DON'T SEE A ROLE THAT FITS YOUR EXPERIENCE?
Get in touch by emailing your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.