Posted February 25, 2021
ESI Design, an NBBJ Studio, transforms places into experiences that engage audiences, solves complex challenges and delivers lasting results. As a Studio within the highly regarded NBBJ Architecture firm, ESI is uniquely positioned within the industry.
The Marketing Manager works closely with senior leadership to manage the marketing and business development efforts for ESI’s Experience Design practice. This role is responsible for developing and executing strategic plans that support the practice’s growth strategy.
The Marketing Manager orchestrates effective new business/prospect efforts. They will organize and implement targeted lead generation across multiple business verticals and develop client relationship programs that underscore ESI/NBBJ’s brand positioning. Their understanding of the industry landscape will also inform Thought Leadership content and programs.
Your New Role:
- Lead Generation & Client Relationships: The Marketing Manager identifies, researches and qualifies new leads – from both new and existing clients. They are responsible for helping to craft and ensure accuracy of an ongoing prospect list for targeted conversations and opportunities for engagement. They will work with other market managers within the firm to identify opportunities for cross-studio collaborations.
- Prospect & Point-of-Sale Strategies. The Marketing Manager leads teams that produce and generate well-coordinated and compelling new business development efforts: qualification packages, proposals, and presentations, in response to direct select or RFPs which address client needs and clearly articulates the fundamental design challenge and innovation opportunity. They are expected to be an active participant in developing new methods for engaging with prospective clients in an entrepreneurial way. They need to understand and communicate ESI's unique value proposition and look for novel opportunities to build awareness of ESI’s service offerings. They will lead Go/No Go processes for new prospects in each studio and help set marketing investment for each pursuit.
- Communication and Collaboration: The Marketing Manager is responsible for creating visibility and transparency in the sales pipeline and business development process among sales professionals They must have a strong ability to communicate the value of Experience Design and be able to aid in identifying how it is unique and necessary alongside architectural / other scopes.
- Content Development and Quality Assurance: The Marketing Manager has a proven track record developing relevant content that supports sales strategies. They ensure that all proposals, qualification packages, presentations and general marketing materials portray ESI’s brand as developed in coordination with the Communications team, producing best-in class, competitive marketing material.
- Experience Design Expertise: The Marketing Manager is deeply immersed within a design culture made up of multiple disciplines, where the scoping of design projects and creation of learning opportunities for project teams is paramount. Because of this, an openness and desire to understand all the various aspects of Experience Design is critical, as is a commitment to dialogue with the broader NBBJ architect/designer community to advocate for integration of Experience Design disciplines within existing and new scopes of work.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in leading marketing and business development programs for professional services companies.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience and an ability to mentor, inspire, and motivate business development and marketing staff
- Undergraduate Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or Communications; Graduate Degree in Real Estate business, Marketing or Communications a plus.
- Experience in an operational or project-management role
- Thorough understanding of executing demand generation and marketing programs
- Understanding of Experience Design
- Ability to engage face to face or electronically with design professionals in a number of NBBJ offices on a regular basis and coach about marketing best practices
- Excellent management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills; ability to multitask and juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to work efficiently under multiple deadlines and manage large teams
- Knowledge of Deltek Vision, OpenAsset, CRM and other marketing software is a plus
ESI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
ESI does not accept unsolicited resumes or similar submissions from third party recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited materials received by ESI from a source other than an individual candidate will be considered ESI property and ESI reserves the right to pursue and hire candidates referred to us without any financial obligation to the third party in question. If you are interested in becoming an approved ESI external recruiter, please contact a member of the ESI Talent Acquisition Team.
DON'T SEE A ROLE THAT FITS YOUR EXPERIENCE?
Get in touch by emailing your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.