Physical Designer (Architectural Designer / Exhibition Designer)
Posted January 3, 2019
ESI Design is one of the world’s foremost experience design firms. As an interdisciplinary team of problem solvers, designers, and doers we work at the intersection of physical, digital and social design. Whether we are inspiring customer-centric innovation for international corporations or inventing new ways to activate public institutions, our mission is the same — to inspire conversation, collaboration, and action.
We are seeking an intermediate level Physical Designer (freelance, with the potential for a full-time position) for corporate and retail environments, museum exhibits, corporate installations, and large-scale media experience projects. A primary role of the Designer is to create architectural visualization – 3D modeling, renderings and drawings.
Successful candidates should possess / will be responsible for:
- Must be proficient in 3D modeling and creating photorealistic drawings and renderings in Rhino, Sketchup & V-ray,with demonstrated rendering of lighting effects
- Working under the direction of senior Physical Designers as well as an internal multi-disciplinary design team including AV systems designers, UX /UI designers, writers and graphic designers
- Drafting (CAD) to produce design intent drawing package, from concept sketches for production of prototypes.
- Prepping and laying out drawings and renderings for deliverables
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to take creative direction and apply feedback into visual form quickly
- Architectural Detailing
- Specifying and sourcing materials, furniture and equipment
- Strong general design skills and ability to provide general visualization and design support to the Team
Specific Skills Needed:
- Proficiency in Rhino 3D, Sketchup and V-ray are a MUST!
- Adobe CC suite
- Knowledge of Grasshopper, UE4, Lumion, Enscape, and VR visualization techniques
- Familiarity with MacOS and Windows
- Knowledge of (or strong interest in) LED/video integration and lighting design a plus
- Overall 2 to 4+ years of experience with at least 2 years of demonstrated experience working as a Designer.
- Professional degree in Architecture or Exhibit Design, or related field
Please no phone calls or unscheduled appointments/walk-ins.
To be considered, please e-mail your cover letter and resume with the position as the subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DON'T SEE A ROLE THAT FITS YOUR EXPERIENCE?
Get in touch by emailing your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.