Physical Designer (Architectural Designer / Exhibition Designer)
Posted December 19, 2018
ESI Design is one of the world’s foremost experience design firms. As an interdisciplinary team of problem solvers, designers, and doers we work at the intersection of physical, digital and social design. Whether we are inspiring customer-centric innovation for international corporations or inventing new ways to activate public institutions, our mission is the same — to inspire conversation, collaboration, and action.
We are seeking anintermediate level Physical Designer (freelance, with the potential for a full-time position) for corporate and retail environments, museum exhibits, corporate installations, and large-scale media experience projects. A primary role of the Designer is to create architectural visualization – 3D modeling, renderings and drawings.
Successful candidates should possess / will be responsible for:
- Must be proficient in 3D modeling and creating drawings and renderings in Rhino & V-ray
- Working under the direction of senior Physical Designers as well as an internal multi-disciplinary design team including AV systems designers, UX /UI designers, writers and graphic designers.
- Drafting (CAD) to produce design intent drawing package, from concept sketches for production of prototypes.
- Prepping and laying out drawings for deliverables
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to take creative direction and apply feedback into visual form
- Architectural Detailing
- Specifying and sourcing materials
- Strong general design skills and ability to provide general visualization and design support to the Team
Specific Skills Needed:
- Proficiency in Rhino 3D and V-ray are a MUST!
- Adobe CC suite and AutoCAD
- Knowledge of Grasshopper, UE4 and Sketch-Up & Layout a plus
- Familiarity with MacOS and Windows
- Overall 2 to 4+ years of experience with at least 2 years of demonstrated experience working as a Designer.
- Professional degree in Architecture or Exhibit Design
Please no phone calls or unscheduled appointments/walk-ins.
To be considered, please e-mail your cover letter and resume with the position as the subject to: email@example.com
DON'T SEE A ROLE THAT FITS YOUR EXPERIENCE?
Get in touch by emailing your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.