Posted April 25, 2018
ESI Design is one of the world’s foremost experience design firms. As an interdisciplinary team of problem solvers, designers, and doers we work at the intersection of physical, digital and social design. Whether we are inspiring customer-centric innovation for international corporations or inventing new ways to activate public institutions, our mission is the same — to inspire conversation, collaboration, and action.
The role of Production Manager at ESI works closely with all members of the design team, architects, general contractors as well as with the client to ensure proper infrastructure and site coordination. Also coordinates work among systems integrators and specialty fabricators with an understanding of how those elements get coordinated into a physical space. He/she will manage production related aspects of projects including commercial office lobbies, public spaces and corporate campuses with an emphasis on digital media experiences, environmental graphics, and physical spaces and furnishings. More specifically, the Production Manager will support ESI Design projects in the following areas:
DESIGN PROCESS SUPPORT
- Provide guidance to the design teams during all design phases to help align design and budget goals, feasibility and other constructability issues
- Develop budget estimates and production schedules during concept and final design phases, which may require researching materials and techniques, vendors and manufacturer outreach, and preparing budget spreadsheets for clients.
- Work with project and account managers to develop production strategies fitting to each project’s unique requirements
- Oversee, coordinate, and procure technology and material mockups and prototypes
PRODUCTION PHASE MANAGEMENT
- Develop bid documentation and scopes of work for vendors and fabricators
- Manage proposals, bid leveling and negotiation processes for our clients
- Ongoing coordination during the Production phase with clients, producers, systems integrators, fabricators, construction managers, and architectural teams
- Coordinate and oversee production of work by multiple vendors, running regular production calls and managing document reviews
- Coordinate prototyping, quality control reviews, punch lists, testing, turnover, and documentation
GENERAL SKILLS & TRAITS:
- 6-8 years of production experience (in exhibitions, construction, or systems fields)
- Provide management expertise in the areas of fabrication, systems, and general construction issues.
- Budget development skills, cost estimating experience
- Demonstrated ability to supervise & coordinate contractors and vendors
- Experience in the production of both temporary and permanent public installations
- Experience in participating and supporting the creative design process
- Strong communication skills, both spoken and written
- Familiar in basic project management tools such as Basecamp, Smartsheets, and similar platforms
Please no phone calls or unscheduled appointments/walk-ins.
To be considered, please e-mail your cover letter and resume with the position as the subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional OpportunitiesSenior Physical/Architectural Designer Senior Experiential Graphic Designer Senior Interaction Designer Project Manager
DON'T SEE A ROLE THAT FITS YOUR EXPERIENCE?
Get in touch by emailing your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.