Posted September 24, 2018
ESI Design is one of the world’s foremost experience design firms. As an interdisciplinary team of problem solvers, designers, and doers we work at the intersection of physical, digital and social design. Whether we are inspiring customer-centric innovation for international corporations or inventing new ways to activate public institutions, our mission is the same — to inspire conversation, collaboration, and action.
ESI is currently seeking a full time Project Manager to join our team. The Project Manager will work for corporate projects focused on commercial architecture, custom large-scale media, comprehensive signage, and retail installations. The Project Manager is responsible for overseeing the internal multi-disciplinary design team including 3D/physical designers, technical system designers, interactive designers, writers, Graphic designers and animators.
- Multi-Tasker. Be able to work on multiple projects.
- Team player. Set and continually manage project expectations with team members, project partners and other stakeholders.
- Passionate. Strong project management experience in architecture, media and/or exhibitions fields.
- Problem Solver. Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential escalation issues, and devise contingency plans.
- Self-starter. Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Stellar communicator.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Define project scope, goals, team resources and deliverables in conjunction with senior management for new and existing projects.
- A Planner and Organizer.
- Identify and manage design project schedule; identify dependencies, clarify critical path, track project milestones and deliverables.
- Manage subcontracted design specialist and consultants
- Manage the design process to meet the budget & schedule parameters
THE IDEAL PERSON
- At least 5-7 years of demonstrated management experience
Careful attention to detail
- Must have excellent communication (verbal/written) skills with respect to team members, peers, and management
- Demonstrated experience developing project strategy and analytical problem solving
- Comfortable interacting with senior executives both within firm and to external partners and clients
- Proven ability to work in cross-functional environments including corporate, retail, business design and public space design
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Keynote, Acrobat, Google Drive
- Recommended basic knowledge of FastTrack, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and online collaboration tools (Basecamp, Asana, etc.)
- This position requires frequent travel for client meetings
Please no phone calls or unscheduled appointments/walk-ins.
To be considered, please e-mail your cover letter and resume with the position as the subject to: email@example.com
Additional OpportunitiesSenior Physical/Architectural Designer Production Manager Senior Experiential Graphic Designer Senior Interaction Designer
DON'T SEE A ROLE THAT FITS YOUR EXPERIENCE?
Get in touch by emailing your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.