Senior 3D Designer
Posted November 5, 2017
ESI Design is one of the world’s foremost experience design firms. As an interdisciplinary team of problem solvers, designers, and doers we work at the intersection of physical, digital and social design.Whether we are inspiring customer-centric innovation for international corporations or inventing new ways to activate public institutions, our mission is the same — to inspire conversation, collaboration, and action.
ESI Design is seeking a Senior 3D Designer to join our Visual Design & Media Production Department. In this role, you will expand our Visual Design capabilities and help deliver awe-inspiring media content.
Designers at ESI are part of the process from start to finish. They work hands-on to create concept design approaches and see them through final production. The Senior 3D Designer role will need to collaborate across a multi-disciplinary team, from content design to creative technology. They need to have the ability to manage themselves or a team or artists to maintain the highest visual standards from concept to completion. Designers need to have a nimble design sense and an ability to explore many visual design approaches.
• Strong conceptual thinker. Designers are expected to not just execute ideas but also be a part of the initial creative process.
• Good communicator. Ability to design and articulate your concepts in a clear, concise manner to both internal design teams and clients
• 3D minded. Design background strongly grounded in 3D. Intimate knowledge of industry tools such as Cinema4D, Maya or 3D Studio Max along with Adobe Creative Suite. Knowledge of creative technology / real-time software (Unreal or Unity) is a plus.
• Technically savvy. Work alongside Technical Operations Manager to recommend technical pipeline procedures.
• Leadership skills. The role will require not only hands on concept design but also execution of final animation work and/or oversight and art direction of a freelance production team.
o Keep track of progress with other team members to make sure they hit their goals.
o The ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
• Detail oriented. Ability to deliver a polished product under tight deadlines with impeccable attention to detail.
The ideal person
• 5+ years of experience in a fast-paced professional design firm, agency or production house
• Bachelors degree in design or related studies
• Strong conceptual, organizational, problem solving and management skills
• Flexible design sense
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrates flexibility in addressing complex problems
• Likes to stay abreast of the latest design trends, art, and creative technologies
• Hungry to learn and grow and can take critique well
• Extremely organized and efficient
Please no phone calls or unscheduled appointments/walk-ins.
To be considered, please e-mail your cover letter and resume with the position as the subject to: email@example.com
Additional OpportunitiesSenior Environmental Graphic Designer Freelance Media Producer Senior Technical Producer Senior Project Manager Freelance Junior 3D Renderer / Architectural Visualizer Senior Physical/Architectural Designer
DON'T SEE A ROLE THAT FITS YOUR EXPERIENCE?
Get in touch by emailing your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.