Senior Experiential Graphic Designer
Posted July 30, 2019
ESI Design is one of the world’s foremost experience design firms. As an interdisciplinary team of problem solvers, designers, and doers we work at the intersection of physical, digital and social design. Whether we are inspiring customer-centric innovation for international corporations or inventing new ways to activate public institutions, our mission is the same — to inspire conversation, collaboration, and action.
ESI Design is seeking a Senior Experiential Graphic Designer to join its team to develop compelling design solutions with a focus on branded environments, wayfinding, signage systems, and interpretive graphics.
This role is for an innovative, driven senior designer who strives to create original graphic design solutions for spatial experiences.
- Multi-tasker. Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage timelines.
- Team player. Collaborates well with the multidisciplinary team and adopts feedback into improving the design throughout concept, design and production phases.
- Passionate designer. Loves exploring typography, colors, and materials and realizing them as an integrated 3D reality. Relishes designing visual systems and mapping out spaces.
- Problem solver. Strong, inventive approach to finding design solutions and navigating people through spaces.
- Self-starter. Flexible and proactive working style with strong personal ownership. Able to exercise independent judgement while collaborating within a team.
- Stellar communicator. Able to establish design criteria and articulate ideas verbally and visually to internal team as well as to clients.
THE IDEAL PERSON:
- 8+ years experience with strong experiential graphic design focus
- Degree in Graphic Design or a related subject
- Outstanding composition and typography skills
- Ability to design logos, brand elements, palettes, and visual systems
- Ability to document sites and map out wayfinding and identity systems to spaces
- Ability to produce detailed, to-scale drawings of design and to understand architectural drawings
- Ability to design powerful, clear diagrams and information graphics
- Ability to produce location plans and graphic schedules
- Eagerness to prototype and experiment
- Understanding of production requirements, materials, and methods
- Experience in overseeing fabrication and installation
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, including CADTools, and MS Office
- Basic knowledge of Sketch-Up or similar 3D program a plus
The job is based in New York City, with occasional travel required.
Additional OpportunitiesMarketing & Communications Internship Senior Interaction Designer Senior Project Manager
DON'T SEE A ROLE THAT FITS YOUR EXPERIENCE?
Get in touch by emailing your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.