Senior Experiential Graphic Designer
Posted July 30, 2019
ESI Design, an NBBJ studio, transforms places into experiences. From its roots reinventing the Brooklyn Children’s Museum into one of the country’s first interactive museums, ESI Design has defined the field of experience design for over forty years, fundamentally changing how people connect with brands, organizations, cultural institutions, and each other. ESI Design’s in-house team of designers, strategists, storytellers, technologists, artists, and problem-solvers collaborate to seamlessly weave the physical and digital world together to create immersive experiences with enduring impact.
This role is for an innovative, driven senior designer who strives to create original graphic design solutions for spatial experiences.
- Multi-tasker. Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage timelines.
- Team player. Collaborates well with the multidisciplinary team and adopts feedback into improving the design throughout concept, design and production phases.
- Passionate designer. Loves exploring typography, colors, and materials and realizing them as an integrated 3D reality. Relishes designing visual systems and mapping out spaces.
- Problem solver. Strong, inventive approach to finding design solutions and navigating people through spaces.
- Self-starter. Flexible and proactive working style with strong personal ownership. Able to exercise independent judgement while collaborating within a team.
- Stellar communicator. Able to establish design criteria and articulate ideas verbally and visually to internal team as well as to clients.
THE IDEAL PERSON:
- 8+ years experience with strong experiential graphic design focus
- Degree in Graphic Design or a related subject
- Outstanding composition and typography skills
- Ability to design logos, brand elements, palettes, and visual systems
- Ability to document sites and map out wayfinding and identity systems to spaces
- Ability to produce detailed, to-scale drawings of design and to understand architectural drawings
- Ability to design powerful, clear diagrams and information graphics
- Ability to produce location plans and graphic schedules
- Eagerness to prototype and experiment
- Understanding of production requirements, materials, and methods
DON'T SEE A ROLE THAT FITS YOUR EXPERIENCE?
Get in touch by emailing your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.