Senior Physical/Architectural Designer
Posted January 18, 2018
ESI Design is one of the world’s foremost experience design firms. As an interdisciplinary team of problem solvers, designers, and doers we work at the intersection of physical, digital and social design. Whether we are inspiring customer-centric innovation for international corporations or inventing new ways to activate public institutions, our mission is the same — to inspire conversation, collaboration, and action.
ESI Design is seeking a Senior Physical Designer to join its team for Exhibition Design, institutional environments, museum exhibits and corporate installations. In this role, you will be designing compelling spaces through architectural visualization – 3D, renderings and drawings.
This role is perfect for a curious, inventive and rigorous senior designer who is excited by the challenge of creating compelling spatial design experiences and relentless in pursuing the right design solution.
- Multi–tasker. Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage timelines.
- Team player. Works collaboratively with an internal multidisciplinary design team that includes AV systems designers, UX /UI designers, writers, graphic designers and project managers. As a flexible designer, he/she must be able to adopt feedback into improving the design, and work on co-created designs.
- Passionate. Enthusiastic about exploring design solutions and pushing boundaries.
- Problem Solver. Strong, innovative and strategic approach to finding design solutions.
- Self–starter. Proactive working style, with strong sense of self-initiation.
- Stellar communicator.
- Able to articulate his/her ideas to internal teams as well as to clients.
- Able to interact with clients to establish design criteria and communicate concepts.
- Be able to present design concepts verbally and visually; both internally and directly to clients.
THE IDEAL PERSON
- 7+ years of experience with strong design skills
- Professional degree in Architecture or Exhibit Design
- Extensive knowledge and experience in 3D modeling, rendering, drafting and digital design documentation using relevant design software
- Strong visualization skills
- Proven ability and relevant work experience in cross-functional environments including Retail, Corporate, Museum and/or Large-scale media experience design.
- Experience in the design production process, from documentation to overseeing fabrication and installation.
- Strong conceptual design skills and analytical thinking
- Proficiency in Rhino 3D and V-ray are a MUST!
- Proficiency in Adobe CC Suite, including Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Working knowledge of Grasshopper, UE4, Autocad and Sketch-Up & Layout a plus.
If this sounds like you, please send your portfolio in PDF format with strong examples of your work.
Please no phone calls or unscheduled appointments/walk-ins.
To be considered, please e-mail your cover letter and resume with the position as the subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional OpportunitiesProduction Manager Senior Experiential Graphic Designer Senior Interaction Designer
DON'T SEE A ROLE THAT FITS YOUR EXPERIENCE?
Get in touch by emailing your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.