Senior Technical Producer
Posted November 5, 2017
ESI Design is one of the world’s foremost experience design firms. As an interdisciplinary team of problem solvers, designers, and doers we work at the intersection of physical, digital and social design.Whether we are inspiring customer-centric innovation for international corporations or inventing new ways to activate public institutions, our mission is the same — to inspire conversation, collaboration, and action.
ESI Design is seeking an experienced Software Producer to join its team as a Senior Technical Producer. In this role, you will help build ESI’s software development capability & manage the teams active projects.
The role is perfect for someone who draws personal satisfaction from building & creating a new offering, is passionate about emerging technology, facilitating innovative work & establishing process.
The position requires the ability to plan and lead a multidisciplinary development team that serves as a center of ESI’s Media Production and Creative Technology departments. A broad knowledge of both front-end and back-end software architecture and development platforms is a crucial component to the role.
- Stellar communicator.
- Ability to articulate cohesive production plan with both internal design and production teams in both written and verbal communications.
- A planner.
- Develop an accurate and realistic production strategy, cost estimates & budgets for incoming projects.
- Can define project requirements to build an effective development team.
- Work with design teams to clarify strategic requirements & manage expectations.
- Management skills.
- Work in close collaboration with Media Production & Technology teams to insure production planning is seamlessly aligned.
- Identify how to deliver the best creative without jeopardizing schedule or budget.
- Ability to independently lead & make decisions that balance the needs of the client with internal team goals.
- Keep track of progress of team members to make sure they hit their goals.
- Oversee QA/QC process.
- Multi-tasker. Scope, manage & execute multiple projects simultaneously.
- Passionate. Desire to explore and learn emerging interactive technologies. Stay abreast with the latest tools and help guide integration and implementation.
- Problem solver. Strong, innovative and initiative-seeking approach to problem solving and finding solutions.
- Self-starter. Flexible and proactive working style with strong personal ownership. Can provide structure for loosely defined projects & R&D efforts.
- Leadership skills. Distinct point of view and ability to demonstrate leadership skills. Will need to help build & manage development teams based on project requirements.
- Detail oriented. Ensure all deliverables are of the highest quality.
The ideal person
- 5+ years experience as an interactive producer or directly related experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Has experience developing cost estimates & budgets
- Knows how to scope both large and small productions & develop project plans
- Is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, managing unknowns juggling multiple small projects at once
- Passionate about emerging tech & process development
- Demonstrates flexibility in addressing complex problems
- Ability to draw from a diverse skillset and collaborate with designers, coders, consultants & technologists
- Is a proven team leader with management experience
Please no phone calls or unscheduled appointments/walk-ins.
To be considered, please e-mail your cover letter and resume with the position as the subject to: email@example.com
Additional OpportunitiesSenior Environmental Graphic Designer Freelance Media Producer Senior Project Manager Senior 3D Designer Freelance Junior 3D Renderer / Architectural Visualizer Senior Physical/Architectural Designer
DON'T SEE A ROLE THAT FITS YOUR EXPERIENCE?
Get in touch by emailing your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.