Visual Systems Engineer / Creative Technologist
Posted September 17, 2019
ESI Design is one of the world’s foremost experience design firms. As an interdisciplinary team of problem solvers, designers, and doers we work at the intersection of physical, digital and social design. Whether we are inspiring customer-centric innovation for international corporations or inventing new ways to activate public institutions, our mission is the same — to inspire conversation, collaboration, and action.
ESI Design is seeking an experienced Visual Systems Engineer to join its team.
- Implement dynamic, generative visual systems which are built to last
- Evaluate potential tools and techniques for experimental projects
- Advise on the architecture of real-time media pipelines
- Participate in reviews with designers and respond to design feedback
- Work with Project Managers to establish production schedules, determine upcoming resource requirements and identify potential issues
- Work with 3rd party APIs to implement data visualization and show control
- Integrate with a variety of CMS platforms to support client control of media systems
- 3+ years working with real-time graphics
- Demonstrated ability to ship completed projects, ideally interactive or large-scale installations
Experience with at least 3 of:
- TouchDesigner, Notch, disguise (D3), Ventuz, VVVV, RealMotion
- Unreal Engine, Unity
- Three.js, openFrameworks, Cinder
- Knowledge of the benefits and drawbacks for common video codecs
- Experience with offline media production tools, such as After Effects, Cinema4D, Houdini, Blender or Nuke
- Experience building content for VR, especially for site previsualization
- Experience working on live events or working with A/V installation crews
Additional OpportunitiesMarketing & Communications Internship Senior Experiential Graphic Designer Senior Interaction Designer Senior Producer
DON'T SEE A ROLE THAT FITS YOUR EXPERIENCE?
Get in touch by emailing your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.